Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What, what you looking at?

STOP STARING AT ME!

Starers come in many shapes and sizes... but they come nonetheless.

Over the past two days I have experienced three different types of starers:

1) The Obvious Starer
The Obvious Starer is someone who just blatantly stares and never tries to hide it. Obviously. Allow me to introduce you to exhibit A: my patient yesterday just sat and stared up at my eyes the entire appointment. Do you know how awkward it is to sit there, and know that someone is making eye contact with you, but you're not making eye contact with them? So awkward.

2) The Sneaky Starer
Where the Obvious Starer had no discretion, the Sneaky Starer has a covert plan to be able to stare - which is almost more creepy. Exhibit B is another patient who I had seen once last week, but needed to come in for a second appointment. Last week he just wore the clear safety glasses because he didn't care about the light. This week he brought his own sunglasses to wear to block the light. Funny, last week the light didn't seem to bother you at all sir... I soon discovered his purpose. Although the glasses block the light from his eyes, they do not block his eyes from being seen. With the bright light shining down, Sneaky Starer was still busted.

3) The Stalker Starer
This is a completely different kind of starer. You can feel this gaze even when you're not looking, but when you look - still staring! Some Stalker Starers have decency enough to avert their eyes quickly when the person they are staring at looks their way. Not exhibit C. This crew is literally just that - a crew. The construction crew outside my room at work. The building next door is under construction and they're re-doing the outside. I have a giant window that makes up that entire side wall. They all stare. And I always bust them. And they never look away. I bust them in my peripherals all the time and have given up looking back because it doesn't change a thing. Awkward, creepy Stalker Starers.

1 comment:

  1. Dubai is the worst for stalker #3.
    Everyone stares.
    I'm over it now.
    It actually makes me feel like I am famous. Or super attractive. Or just white.

    ReplyDelete